Saturday, August 13, 2016

Weekend for our Summer School

Today we took a bus and headed west, next to the border of the Czech Republic into the mountains, in fact into the Karkonosze or Giant Mountains. With the comfort and thrill of a cable car we took a steep ride towards a plateau from which we hiked to the top of the highest mountain the Snêžka...

honestly I did not made it to the top,What a  suffering from an ankle injury I have difficulties with longer walks and the steep climb was too much for me and I quitted on the first quarter and walked back to the basecamp on the foot of the mountain. I already had doubts about the hiking trip, normally I prefer something with wheels and at least a bike ...but proud beeing able to came so far ...

So while our students sprinted up the hill like mountain goats and did not showed any kind of exhaustion I was taking a longer pause ...

On the way back we split and while I took the cable car back down ( with a 1 hour waiting queue ) and met the students with the bus at the Wang Church, which is build without any nails and transported from Norway towards Poland. When we split it was a bit of a Lord of the ring moment ...haha 

The day was great, as so the weather. We have to thank Dorota for planning the trip and Karolina for taking care of me and bringing my ass back to lower grounds ...

Pictures from the summit later, for today the long road up have to be enough ...