Sunday, July 14, 2019

Wroclaw Summerschool - Day 2

Its rainy but that couldn’t stop our students to go full power into their designs. Even on a Sunday everyone is having a good time and the pizza break around lunch was a well deserved treat...

...honestly I think I had the most difficult time ever today because I was asked to give a lunch lecture, so while the pizza arrived around 14.30 - I was starving ( I usually eat a 12.00...) and had to present in front of a pizza munching happy crowd - the one slice I was able to get before the lecture only made me more hungry - at the end I had the best pizza ever ....

All groups made a huge progress today and the plans and models looks already very promising.
Within the 6 projects we develop we have 3 houses we are building in cooperation with the TU Darmstadt who are running the biggest funded cardboard in architecture research project. Not only Jerzy is part of the huge team but also Martin Wilfinger a former student from the faculty of Architecture from the TU Darmstadt and now also part of the research team and docent of the Civil Engineering department of the TU. Martin has a lot of experience building with cardboard from recent projects and was a great help for the students of the summerschool - unfortunately he already had to leave today. Martin has to support his own students back in Germany who have their finals in a week.

I already miss him but his help and ideas will be materialised a bit in the students projects the next days. About the houses ... one will perform against fire, one against water and one against a falling down tree ...and yes all made out of cardboard and paper ...

Enough for today, I still have a slice of pizza leftover...